Thursday, December 17, 2009

Super cut? Not so much.

Dear Izzy,

I'm sorry. I knew better. But I was beyond tired of your hair always getting in your eyes and I had to get it cut. Unfortunately, it was on a whim. Unfortunately I was being cheap. Unfortunately I took you to Supercuts. Your Grandma and I discussed it first, so I have no excuses. "Just make sure they don't give her a bowl haircut," she said. I tried, but apparently it's the only kid haircut they know (I didn't know that until you ended up with a long bowl haircut). I should have done it myself, but I'm afraid the results would have been similar.

But take solace in knowing that bad toddler haircuts are apparently a rite of passage. We all have that picture buried in a box somewhere. And I'm sorry, but here's yours:

Izzy's bad haircut

2 comments:

  1. I don't think that hair cut looks bad at all. Kind of like Bruce Dickinson of Iron Maiden circa Number of the Beast tour. Just without the part.

    ReplyDelete