Wednesday, December 2, 2009

because a webpage is the new paper

Dear Iz,

So your Dad and I came up with this idea for a number of reasons.  The first is that I've been absolutely terrible at keeping up with the journals I've started for you.  I've lost a couple, started a couple more and honestly, I'm just terrible at it.  I prefer "blogging" over writing any day (I'm a faster typer).  Second, I thought there would be a better chance of Blogspot being here in 20 years than any of these journals I've started.  I'm regularly worrying about the house burning down (I inherited that from your Grandma and Great-Great Grandma), and if that happens all of my writings will go up in smoke.  Not so with the internet.  The last reason we started this blog was in hopes of getting on Oprah.  She only has one season left so we had to hustle.  A blog to our daughter was the best idea we have come up with thus far.  I'll keep you updated if we make it on the show (let's not hold our breaths).

It is our hope that this becomes a source of wisdom, humor, love and guidance.  A place to share things as we think of them, instead of hoping to remember them in the years to come (forgetfullness also runs on both sides of the family).  But for now, the first thing I'd like to share is that we both love you.  More than I think either of us thought we could.  And most importantly, you are funny.  Hilarious in fact.  Like drawing-silly-pictures-on-a-chalkboard-while-naked funny.  Thank you for that.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment