Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Izzy-ism #2

You have recently been fascinated by the idea of clouds and rain. At one point I explained that clouds were formed by the water in the ocean in a process called evaporation (who knows if that is the technical term, but you're 3 and can ask your weather-geek father for a more precise explanation). I explained that the sun heats up the water, the water evaporates and forms a cloud. Once the cloud becomes full of water, it releases the water in the form of rain.

In a separate, yet eventually related discussion we talked about God. I explained that God was in Heaven. When you asked where Heaven was, I explained that it was in the sky above the clouds (I realize that I will soon have to amend that explanation, but again, you're 3).

Today after arriving home from a funeral the talk turned to God. Suddenly you jumped up in your chair and said "Oh, I know about God! He was born in the ocean and then evapted into Heaven!" We all looked at you in question as you repeated yourself. I then realized that you had adapted science and religion to fit your understanding of things. And it was yet another example of your already blossoming genius. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment