Sunday, May 16, 2010

Catching up

Dear Iz,

It's been too long since I've written. Things have been fantastically busy. Your Dad and I have been catching up on years worth of vacations, San Francisco namely, with a river and camping trip thrown in there as well. You've had lots of time with Grandma with makes both of you happy. However, the other day you informed me that I "had gone on vacation enough and that you missed me" - and thankfully we have nothing scheduled from here. I hope to find a job soon and get you finally enrolled in pre-school. We all agree that time has come as you are like a little sponge. You honestly cannot learn enough fast enough. Just a few days ago you became fascinated by the water process. Where does it come from? Where does it go? I explained faucets and pipes and water treatment plants. You had even more questions (you were confused about where the water treatment plant actually was, convinced it was in the walls or in the garage), so I pulled up diagrams, flowcharts and videos. That made you very happy, but then you asked to go to a water treatment plant. I'm still working on that. But it made me realize that you are beyond ready for a formal education, and I am probably not prepared to provide you with the structure and information that you are ready for. So off to work for me and off to school for you!

In other news, you are wrapping up your first gymnastics class. Your Gym Show is next weekend and we are all excited about it. I put down some pink duct tape on the floor in the place of a balance beam and you practice several times a day. We decided to skip gymnastics this summer in lieu of swim lessons and you are pretty excited about it, but we have every intention of re-enrolling you again in the Fall. Let thisserve as a reminder to me to post pics of your Gym Show next week.

For now I will leave you with my most recent favorite picture of you. I somehow managed to catch your "question face" and it was perfect:


I promise I'll try to do much better at updating!

I love you more than cake,
~Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment